Friday, September 7, 2012

Baroque Trend...

From top left:  shootstyle, FreePeople, Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012, zszywka
 
As a history buff I tend to admire several design elements from the past, but lately, on pinterest and several of the 2012 Fall runways I've been noticing a trend I'm a little in love with. Baroque Style. Rich in textiles with details to the max, the result is a color story of rich wine reds and gold leafed floral with embellished head pieces. I'm not sure how this will trickle down into the everyday, but for now I'm so enamored with it, I'd be willing to take it as is! Most of the models have rocked a bare face and simple hair to let the clothes (and head gear) speak for themselves, but I'd probably do a dark vampy lip with one of these embellished jackets or sunglasses with jeans and little else. There is something so fresh about how opulent it all is, I've made a little collage to show off some of my favorites, although I think I may need to make a pinterest board as my camera roll is filling up rather quickly... 
Being inspired by these looks got me brainstorming, A Baroque influenced hair/nail tutorial will be coming soon!
Till then here is a bit more Baroque inspiration...


Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 

 Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 

Lanvin Fall 2012

 Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 

 Lanvin Fall 2012

 Valentino Fall 2012

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012

How do you feel about the Baroque trend, would you brave any of these looks?

1 comment:

  1. I love it all! Especially the Lanvin necklace! It's all so ultra feminine and classic! love love

    great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!