Friday, August 10, 2012

Right here, right now


Sorry for my lack of posts this week, I've been pretty swamped. Aside from the typical things that seem to eat up my time, I'm wrapping up an awesome history class I'm auditing online, and due to the intense research project on civil war era photography, I decided to do a second project for myself, you'll be seeing alot more of that in the upcoming weeks... I'm literally jumping in excitment to share this! 
So we start our vacation on Saturday, and for most I'm sure the week before a vacation is fun and filled with planning but packing and traveling cripples me with anxiety, it always has. No matter how excited I am to get away I become incresingly overwhelmed about every aspect of preperation!

 Something about having to pack up all the things you need and the level of disorganization it causes drives me crazy!I've been dealing with a number of stressful situations this month and have really had to re-evaluate some things, people, motives and situations. I think this time away will be great for our little family, and I also have to admit that going through this "shitty" stuff has really allowed me to put into practice things I've been working on within myself this year-Patience, grace, and gratitude, and I must be doing something right because amazing things have started to happen! I've also never realized how much support I have taken for granted, I may have few friends, but damn are they of remarkable quality! One of them will be on vacation with us, and my longest dearest friend Daniel will be back down in my neck of the woods the following weekend with Carly and Cora, Jeremy and I are hoping to make a sequal to our epic sleepover from last month. We are also planning to get up to Pittsburgh for Cora's fourth birthday at the end of September, fingers crossed Jeremy can get enough time away from work to do this.
So why am I rambling on? I want you guys to know that no matter how rough stuff gets, and no matter how alone you feel, push through all the bullshit people and bullshit situations and challenge yourself to still see the light you have within, pick yourself up, don't depend on others to do it for you, because when you finally get to where you want to be, it makes it all that much sweeter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!