Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fade Out French Nail DIY


This nail DIY was inspired by the the Pamela Love runway show at the 2012 Mercedes Benz NYFW. The original Ombre look used brown and gold resembling an edgy dirty look, I chose to make it a bit more sophisticated by making the base a rose gold metallic with the faded out black french tip. I think this is an easy edgy look to pull off for fall...



Tools:
Rose Gold-Orly Rage
Off Black-OPI-Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees
Top Coat-Seche Vite
Make-up Sponge
Q-Tip and Acetone for cleaning up

Paint one to two coats of a metallic rose gold polish and allow to thoroughly dry, I originally wore this rose gold for a few days and once it started to chip and wear I did this fade out black to lengthen the wear of my manicure. Apply a small about of black polish to make up sponge and gently blot off any extra before working up towards the top of the nail, apply as many needed layers to get desired opacity. After the black is dried apply a high shine top coat and allow to dry.

 And there you have it a fast funky manicure! I love paring this look with an edgy piece of jewelry that compliments the metallic...

2 comments:

Thanks for sharing!