Saturday, June 23, 2012

Easy Peazy Summer Salad


Its no secret that my love for goat cheese is stronger than most things, its up there with best friend, and husband. That said, I have a recipe for the easiest summer salad EVER!
You got nutrients for days with this and is so delicious with the dried cherries it'll really hit the spot in between all that summer soft serve and bbq ;)

So use this salad as a base to add whatever you like, Ive done every and anything from sunflower seeds to pumpkin seeds (when I felt I was lacking iron) to watermelon (and sweet thai basil), avocado, grilled fish. The possibilities are endless. But for this to qualify as an Easy Peazy salad I present you the basics...

  • One heaping handful of whatever greens you like, I used a mix of mesclun greens and romaine hearts.
  • 1/2cup of dried cherries, dry them yourself if you're watching your sugar intake or use them pre-dried from the bag.
  • 2 tablespoons of crumbled goat cheese.
  • Top with fresh cracked black pepper and/or fresh squeezed lemon juice and olive oil.  
When I have the time I love to make my own vinaigrette, I am very picky about dressing so it is rare I love something from a bottle. Champagne vinaigrette is pretty simple to make I use this recipe, its really good and worth the few extra steps.


  • small shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
  • tsp Dijon mustard
  • tsp honey
  • 4 tsp champagne vinegar
  • 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • Pinch coarse salt, or to taste
  • 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the shallot, mustard, honey and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!