Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm Still Here!

 Temple Bell, I love the intricate carvings in the metal so I display it on my door knob.

This post is so long over due ladies, and for that I'm so sorry. Blogging has been taking a back seat to... well, life these days. So we are all moved in but still not totally settled we still have one room with boxes and stuff. As a matter of fact I'm typing this on the floor of a room full of boxes... our desk died in the room (RIP crappy ikea desk), so we have a nice thrifted one to rehab this weekend. I worked a lot on my meditation room, which I am in love with! Although it is not complete I've used it and the energy in that room is pretty amazing. I will be sharing a journal entry I wrote the other night when I sat on our steps and let the words flow.
 So in the mean time I have a few happy updates. The night before we were scheduled to move a got a call from Kristie (my sister) at 3:30am saying her water may be broken, I rushed over to find that she had in fact ruptured her water and was still passing it along with her plug. By my judgments she was gonna delivery that week based on a few natural things the body does while preparing moms for labor.
 Laboring in my family is a very natural thing, I helped and watched my youngest brothers birth, I remember my mother laboring for a few hours at home for Korey before going to a neighbors home. And my grandmother (wise with her age) delivered my cousin on the side of a road, because she's a female Chuck Norris!
 I was ready and willing to be a birth coach for Kristie from the moment she asked and will forever be grateful for her to have shared that experience with me. It was beautiful, an amazing and Kristie is a champ! She was able to lower her blood pressure and pulse during contractions using the hypo-birthing techniques we practiced and I did several Reiki sessions to ease the pain. It was beautiful, and honestly I don't know if seeing my nephew Noah take his first breath and carrying him to his mama for the first time will ever be topped! The experience changed me, I feel my heart softening more and seeking more of what is real and pure and saturated in love. It was a precious moment and I love that I was a part of it. We were close before but lately I have grown even closer with Kristie, she has been a rock these past through weeks. And with our new home, I am incredibly satisfied and looking forward to the future and what is to come. We have a wonderful thanksgiving planned with our closest friends (some new and some old) and family. I'm so excited to be a hostess this year. We also have the pleasure of going to the Grand Bahamas for Jeremy's birthday this year! We never took a honey moon because the car wreck happened 9 days after we were married, but this is going to be a much needed get away for the both of us. Jeremy's aunt lives in Switzerland and has a home in the G.B. with plenty of nature hikes and snorkeling and swimming with he dolphins, I'm so excited for this, and it'll be the first time Jeremy and I have traveled out of the country alone together! Aside from these travel plans and moving I've just really been trying to make this house feel like a home and juggle being a new aunt or "ti-ti" as I'm called and all things that the up coming holiday season entails. I haven't done my nails, they look like a mess! And I haven't done my hair in days (washed or styled lol) and I have a cold soooo, I'm looking pretty shabby, but according to my hubby I'm as beautiful as I have ever been, and inside I'm beaming with joy so who cares what the exterior shows! I am the happiest I've been in quite some time. This new place feels so right for us... Life is good and I am so grateful for it all. Here's a few pics of the still unfinished but getting there meditation room, I love it, and hope you enjoy...

PS- I want to dedicate this post to a wonderful member of our extended family, Oliver the Dog. Our old neighbors lost Oliver yesterday, he had a wonderful life with his mama Brooklyn and was Rilo's first friend. Hugs to Brooklyn, Brett and Baby Archer. You are all in our thoughts during this tough time.We love you.

I'm still so in love with the original hardwood, you can hear and smell the history with every creaking step.

 Beautiful Teak boxes for incense and oils, a gift from Thailand. Thanks Dad :)
 Statues from Italy and Austin along with dried herbs and candles, and my sage bundle
 Some of my favorite stones and knick-knacks that mean a lot to me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!